Why sign up for a Postman account
Sign up for a free Postman account and get the following benefits:
- Sync and back up your history, collections, environments and header presets.
- Easily work on multiple Postman instances from different machines.
- Create collection links to send to other developers.
Signing up is completely optional. Read our EULA and our security page and privacy page to know more.
Signing up for a Postman account
- If you haven’t already, download the Postman app.
- Launch the app, and see a prompt to log in or sign up.
- Sign up with your email address or your Google account.
- Confirm your email and you are good to go.
Once you are logged in, you will see the IN SYNC icon at the top telling you that you are connected to our servers. Postman uses WebSockets for real-time syncing. If you are experiencing issues with syncing, you can file an issue via our support center.
Security policies and standards
Postman uses several technologies to ensure that your data is safe and secure. For more details, visit our security page.
- Communication with Postman servers only happens through HTTPS and Secure WebSockets.
- Environment and global variables are encrypted so that only you can view them.
- You can turn off sync any time and still use Postman.
Forgot your username or password?
Clicking on the Forgot Username or Password links near the Sign In prompt will allow you to recover your username or reset a password.